What a year.
With that in mind…
Yesterday I promised to unveil my new challenges for 2017 and the things I hope to achieve.
Writing, as you know is my top priority. I never go anywhere without a notebook and pen and I have scraps of paper floating around everywhere with ideas on them.
So… from tomorrow I will be embarking on a new challenge where I take a photo a day using my new but definitely underused Ricoh GRII and then I use that photo as a prompt to write a piece a day.
I am also going to buy a small separate journal where every night I jot down what I did that day in brief. I kind of see it as a record of my life for 2017.
I have Seven Areas of Life I’ve also designed goals for and these are below:
1. Personal and Social: Go to at least one new place or do at least one new activity every week.
2. Financial: Save at least 2000¥ a week.
3. Family: Visit my mum in Australia.
4. Work and Career: Promote my writing more with the aim of getting a fulltime gig in freelance or magazine work.
5. Mind/Intellect: Be conversation-fluent in Japanese by the end of the year.
6. Spiritual growth: Do the Saigoku Kannon Pilgrimage.
7. Physical and Health: Join a dance or cycling group/club to do an activity at least once a week OR try a new sport.