Admiration is a weird kind of thing. You find you admire someone and then you realise in turn that someone else admires you. Sometimes you find you even admire one another. Sometimes you can’t understand why someone would admire you and equally, the other person doesn’t understand why you think they’re so amazing.
I admire many people, with number one being my mum. Today though I’m going to give you a list of reasons why I admire my boyfriend.
– he can speak 4 languages fluently: French, English, Spanish and Japanese. Clearly a dumb fuck.
– he’s completing his Masters in Environmental Management. Again, dumb fuck.
– despite his bravado he’s one of the least confident people I know. He’s completely unsure of himself and doesn’t have any idea how amazing he is.
– he puts up with my bullshit. That includes, but isn’t limited to, my impatience, my anxiety, my PMS, which is fucking terrible and he still likes me.
– he’s funny. I’m talking hilarious. He has this ability to say the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times, none of which I will repeat here.
– he’s a nice person. Sometimes too nice and too caring which means he can be taken advantage of.
– he’s generous.
– he’s always trying to make himself a better person. That for me is number 1.
Yep, I’m full of admiration for him.